Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pathway Mods (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=32943)

dds 05-13-2010 08:49 AM

Pathway Mods

I now know I have an '03 CC Pathway. The company I work for got several of these brand spankin new in '03. After the Pathway experiment program was over,the cart disappeared :mrgreen: and was never returned back to CC to do the downgrades to be resold.That being said, I was told it has hi-speed gears in the diff. by Tahoe Dawg. I want to put a 6" lift & 23" on it, but will the gearing kill my torque with the new tires ? Also, it has 4 wheel brakes. Can I even lift it ?It has a fact. Curtis 250 amp controller if that helps.

scottyb 05-13-2010 08:53 AM

Re: Pathway Mods

250a controller is puny, that won't help. And the front brakes may prove impossible to lift. You would have to keep the original spindles and axles ??? Just do not know what kind of lift kit is going to do that .... Best contact the tahoedawg again :thumbup:

TahoeDawgZ71 05-13-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dds (Post 404715)
I now know I have an '03 CC Pathway. The company I work for got several of these brand spankin new in '03. After the Pathway experiment program was over,the cart disappeared :mrgreen: and was never returned back to CC to do the downgrades to be resold.That being said, I was told it has hi-speed gears in the diff. by Tahoe Dawg. I want to put a 6" lift & 23" on it, but will the gearing kill my torque with the new tires ? Also, it has 4 wheel brakes. Can I even lift it ?It has a fact. Curtis 250 amp controller if that helps.

It'll do some damage to the motor... We learned that the hard way... We lifted three of these carts with the high speed gears in them. All three motors got so hot that it disentegrated the brushes and split the end of the armature. Since then, we've put standard gears back into all lifted IQ cars.

dds 05-13-2010 09:54 AM

So the front brakes aren't an issue ? Do they make a specific lift kit ? I'll replace the motor down the road if I have to. I'm only lifting it to get more ground clearance, not really for off-roading.

TahoeDawgZ71 05-13-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dds (Post 404769)
So the front brakes aren't an issue ? Do they make a specific lift kit ? I'll replace the motor down the road if I have to. I'm only lifting it to get more ground clearance, not really for off-roading.

You have two options... Either different rims to compensate for the additional off-set of the front wheel brake spindles... or put regular spindles on it and do away with the front brakes.

OLD MEC 05-15-2010 11:04 AM

DDS can you send us some pictures of the Pathway as I have never seen any pictures or literature on them? Or does anyone else have pictures of them in stock condition?

dougmcp 05-15-2010 12:16 PM

Pathway carts look exactly the same as the DS Club Cars. The only real differences were headlights, tail lights, horn, mirrors, windshield, seat belts, 4 wheel brakes, high speed motor and a VIN number.

This was an early plan in the 90's that EZGO, CC, GEM, Think, Bombardier, GM, Ford and Chrysler all got involved with in an effort to claim emissions credits so the big 3 could sell cars with higher than mandated gas usage. Rumors have it that GM/Club Car made 10000 of these.

Here's a photo of a Pathway/Club Car cart:

http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/images..._gmpathway.gif

dds 05-17-2010 06:32 AM

I'll try to post some pics soon. I GPS'd it going 20 mph. stock on a dirt road with brand new batteries not fully broken in yet. Is this average for a pathway ?

dougmcp 05-17-2010 08:31 AM

I think the stock speed for the Pathway was between 21-25mph. Apparently they were reprogrammed for a 20 mph max speed when they were resold.

dds 05-17-2010 08:39 AM

This one never went back though. Is there a higher speed the cart could be programmed to ? Has the motor seen better days ? Also, who could do the programming ?